Walk in Bathtubs for Seniors Safety Facts
- According to the CDC, each year one in three adults 65 and older experiences a fall and less than half of them ever mention the incident to their physicians. Those that fall are also 2 times more likely to experience a repeat fall.
- Among the elderly population age 65 and older, falls are the leading cause of injury caused deaths.
- According to a study conducted by researchers at the University of Michigan, 1 out of every 3 seniors over the age of 60, have issues getting in and out of the shower/bathtub.
- 70% of the elderly population admits to improperly using shower features such as towel racks, as safety devices to help balance themselves while in the bathroom.
- 3 quarters of the elderly population use their shower doors to support themselves while in the shower/bathtub.
- 50% of slip and fall accidents that occur in the bathroom result in a hip fracture.
- More than 1/3 of all slip and fall patients that experienced a bathroom related injury, require an overnight stay in the hospital
Why Bathtubs For Seniors is Necessary
As you can see, regular bathtubs can be a hazard for the elderly population or anyone with a mobility disorder. To prevent injuries and promote a safer bathing enviornment, it is a good idea to consider a bathtubs for seniors.